Saturday, April 23, 2016

Cutting Wing Spar Parts

I had a productive day today.  I updated the materials list for an outdoor TV cabinet on my other website (www.buildbuydiy.com) and spent 4 hours in the shop building airplane parts.  Today I cut most of the pieces for the center and wing spars.  I just need to taper the main spars before I'm ready to start drilling holes for the bolts and rivets.

Here are all of the parts I cut today.  Doesn't look like much but there is a lot sanding and finishing after the cutting is done.  All cuts were done with a jigsaw today.  My bandsaw isn't cutting straight, and I didn't feel like troubleshooting it.



Testing fit the major parts of the center section spar.  Looks good!



This shows where the 4130 parts I made in earlier posts go.


Tool of the day goes to the Scotch Bright wheel.  This is a great way to debur parts fast using a drill press.




No comments:

Post a Comment