Sunday, June 19, 2016

Holy Left Spar Cap and Blood

Today I shaved the 4130 brackets to match the dihedral angles of the spar caps.  One of them had a knick in it from the grinder, and it bothered me.  So I made a new one.  Then I drilled the lower spar cap holes...about 115 of them.

I managed to cut my finger on the metal shavings that wrap around the drill bit while I was drilling the lower spar cap.  So if you get metal shavings wrapped around the drill bit, don't just pull on them with your finger.  Even if the drill is turned off (mine was off)!  I think it does make the work bench look tougher though.



Sanding the 2024 aluminum that spans the first 30" of the spar.


The drilled and deburred spar cap and 30" 2024 bar are below.  I'm going to use the cap as a guide to drill the spar web.  The wing spar is so thick, the clecos don't do a good job holding all of the pieces together, so I think this will be easier.




Next step will be to drill the upper left cap and debur, then drill the spar web.



No comments:

Post a Comment