Sunday, July 3, 2016

Right Dihedral Set

I built up the courage to set the dihedral today in the right wing.  I measured about 150 times first!  Right now the wing bolt holes are just 1/4", but I'll drill those out when I get my 1/2" bolts.

I was happy with this process that I picked up from Brandon Bergdorf's blog.

The aluminum angle I had wasn't long enough, so I had to use three pieces clamped together.  If the pieces sat inside the other two to make it clamp to.  Worked out well.  You can stretch a piece of string along the aluminum to make sure it is straight too.


Clamped a rule in here to hold everything in place.  I also used a little hot glue to temporarily keep the blocks and aluminum from moving.  Worked well.

Here I am checking that I got it right.  It's 7" on the nose!

Boss lady says its time to clean up for company.  Hope to do the left wing in the morning before the July 4th festivities kick off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment