Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Starting the Right Wing Tip

I received some more rolls of sheet metal and decided to cut some pieces out to save space in the garage.  I also started to make the wing tip parts.  I bent the right main tip spar by clamping it between a board and an 8' long piece of 3"x3" 1/4" angle steel attached to the workbench as recommended by Dave in the build manual.  Placing a board between the hammer and the part being bent seems to really clean up the bend over striking the part itself.  I'll post some pictures/video of the process if it keeps working for me.



I also received the wing and elevator tips from Earnest Martin today.  I really wanted to try to make these, but his parts look great, and I really like that it gets me that much closer to flying.



Time to watch the tribe beat the cubs in game 2!  Go tribe (but seriously, who hates the Cubs?)!

No comments:

Post a Comment